Michael D. Lieberman
Mike has more than 30 years of experience practicing bankruptcy and insolvency law.
He has spoken frequently at seminars for the Federal Bar Association, the Consumer Bankruptcy Association, the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants and other organizations on various Bankruptcy and Insolvency issues.
Mike has also appeared on the Public Television show, “Due Process” and given several radio interviews on WWJ and other local radio stations on Bankruptcy and Insolvency topics.
Mike has been named a Michigan Super Lawyer in Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights Law from 2007-2017, and in the Super Lawyer corporate counsel edition from 2009-2014. In addition, Mike also holds an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating given.
Mike’s past employment experience includes working as a Research Attorney for the Honorable Norman L. Lippitt and the Honorable Robert C. Anderson of the Oakland County Circuit Court.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy—Representation of Debtors
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy—Representation of Debtors
- Out of Court Workouts
- Business Wind-downs / Asset Liquidations
- Representation of Creditors and Landlords in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Defense of preference actions
- Law – Michigan State College of Law (formerly Detroit College of Law), class of 1985
- Undergraduate – University of Michigan, class of 1982
- Michigan Bar (1985)
- Florida Bar (1986)